Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like long time riders of 1500 Goldwings for their advise on 2 subjects. 1)---Are the high preformance Iridium plugs worth the price for the best preformance? Bike has 119,000 & only looking for solid efficiency, only get 33 mpg around town, when I went for a 160 mile trip at 70 mph got 44 mph. 2) What is the best replacement bulb for headlites without worrying about headlamp melting away? I know there's got to be alot of riders out there like me who are only looking for a great setup, not sumthin I have to continue to soak hundreds of bucks into only to be disappointed. Ted

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There shouldn't be that much difference in you MPG's. do another check and make sure the tank is full, in town should run between 35 to 40 and on the road about 38 to 44, once you go over 3,000 RPM's you will see the gas gauge drop fast. Have you replaced your air filter? What kind of oil are you running? I have tried a couple different types of plugs and I haven't seen any difference in performance or mileage. Once in a while there will a bikes that just get worst gas mileage than others, A friend had a 92 SE and on a ride with the rest of us he always got less than we did, same roads, same speed but less MPG'S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts