Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been lurking for a long time. I have found a 1987 Interstate on Craigslist that I am loking at. He is asking $2650 for it. New stator, windshield, carbs gone thru, aftermarket CD/Radio. Rear tire good, front tire fair. Does this sound like a fair price? If you go to craigs list, and type in Rochester Mn, it was posted today.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. Does it list the miles?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sais it has 67000 on it. I was wrong in the price too, He is asking $2600. I asked him if he would be interested in a trade for my 1992 golf cart, but he has not emailed me back yet. The only way I can buy a bike right now, is to either trade for the golfcart, or sell it out right first. We use the cart at the campground where we have our camper, and I just have to decide if I want to keep the cart, or get a bike.:confused: My wife has given me the go ahead to sell it, but I am not %100 sure I can go without it. But I can say, that I really miss having a bike.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The price looks fair if the bike is solid. Try and find out if the wiring was soldered and insulated when the stator was replaced. If you do grab it, install a voltmeter on it so you can see if the stator goes out. If the front tyre is 'fair' I'd replace it immediately too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sound pretty fair on the price and sounds like if you want to get back to riding this would be it. I have a 1500 and wouldn't trade it for anything less than a 1800, but this is my opinion even though I had looked at the earlier goldwings before the 1500 came out. For the money you can't beat a goldwing for touring. Plus the 1200 is better on gas.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies everone! Need to do a little more thinking before I jump in.

·
Registered
470 Posts
While you are at it..ask about the timing belts..they should be replaced if not already..:)

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal. If he has all the receipts for the work performed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts