Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike the man I bought it from was jumping it he let it set for four months tryed to start it battery was dead sh he jumped it so I bought it put a ned battery in it hit start switch but just starter relay clicking any ideal what it could be

·
Registered
863 Posts
Did you fully charge the battery before installing it? Did it start when he jumped it?
Check the battery voltage, should be 12.7v or above. And then check it while you press the start button. Should not drop below 11 volts.

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.

Check if it still has the 30 amp Dog Bone fuse. If it has replace it with a car style bayonet 30 amp fuse.

Give the starter button a good spray with electrical cleaner. Work the starter button while spraying the electrical cleaner.

Still no starting. with a thick gauge wire. Jump the 2 post on top of the starter relay.

Still no start. Run a thick gauge wire from the battery positive to the starter motor post.

Still no start. Rebuild the starter motor.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The other fellas have you going down good paths.

·
Registered
40 Posts
YEP FOLLOW THE REPLYS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN AND THE PROBLEM WILL SHOW YOU WHERE IT IS ,,, STARTER ARE RELAY ,,ONE OF THE TWO ,,,,,,IF THE BATTERY IS ABSOLUTELY GOOD AND HOT ,,A GOLDWING WILL NOT FIRE ON A LITTLE WEAK BATTERY..,THESE WINGS MUST HAVE OVER 12 VOLTS ,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts