Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1986 Goldwing, I have a Shindengen SH541 rectifier that is missing the plug. Previous owner hard-wired it together and it runs and drives, but I have a green wire coming from the regulator/rectifier that has a fitting for the battery perhaps? It tested with 12 volts "live". My question is what is it for, or where should it go? I initially thought it was a ground. I do have a battery drain somewhere. when I put my multi-tester on negative battery post and ground cable, I get 12-volts without the battery hooked up. any ideas would be great. I may need to pop a top. Swinedog

·
Registered
189 Posts
On my 1986 Goldwing, I have a Shindengen SH541 rectifier that is missing the plug. Previous owner hard-wired it together and it runs and drives, but I have a green wire coming from the regulator/rectifier that has a fitting for the battery perhaps? It tested with 12 volts "live". My question is what is it for, or where should it go? I initially thought it was a ground. I do have a battery drain somewhere. when I put my multi-tester on negative battery post and ground cable, I get 12-volts without the battery hooked up. any ideas would be great. I may need to pop a top. Swinedog
Roadstercycle.com should be able to help. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts