Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but not new to riding. I have a 1986 1200 interstate and after installing the dupli-tech conversion kit, I went on a ride. After a while, and at about 75 mph, I lost power. It would not accelarate and it started kicking. I stopped, and then it was fine after a minute or so. About three hours later, and again at highway speeds, it did it again. This time, though, it started to vibrate as I attempted to accelarate. Finally, after riding it at about 40 mph and while still kicking, it died. Now it won't start. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
is that the alternator conversion kit? check the battery, if its dead the alt isn't charging. the bucking was from low voltage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new alternator seems to be charging fine. The battery is charged. It almost felt like it was electrical. Do you think the old stator has something to do with it? Right now the engine turns over, it just won't start. Yes it is the alternator conversion kit.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
the stator and rectifier should be disconnected. did you check the main fuse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know, I didn't disconnect the old stator or rectifier. I have not checked the main fuse. Where is it and what am I checking for? I know where the fuse box is, but is there another place for the main fuse?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts