Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1986 Honda goldwing Interstate, It was running and driving fine when i bought it, Then when I brought it home I rode it for 2 days or so for some short trips to the store and such, I replaced the battery since it was cranking slowly...So I have a brand new battery in it which it started normally. Then I was riding one day and I was at a stop light and I popped the clutch since I was still getting use to it. And it was slowly cranking again and then it just stopped, So I pushed it to a nearby parking lot [Thanks to a kind passerby to help me push it] then thinking it was the battery I tried to see if we could jump it...Nothing no crank or anything. So I stopped there then I brought it home via a trailer... I fully charged the battery thinking it was dead due to a bad stator or something, Which it was still fully charged. So I tried to start it and all I hear is a click coming what seems like the starter location or the solenoid...It was hard to tell. I tried replacing the solenoid with no luck still the same issue of it clicking...My next step is the starter which I'm waiting for it to come in from the mail...Basically I was just wondering if anyone else had this type of issue and if so what was your solution, Because if it isnt the starter I'm at a loss on what it could be!

Thank you for any tips/advice!

·
Super Moderator
12,306 Posts
Make sure you have good ground connections on the engine and at the starter motor.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also say check the connections ,,my cable going to the starter would get lose so use a good lock washer there, but it sounds like a starter ,,,be careful doing the starter change do not push the gear off the chain inside the gear box ...use caution when doing this job and all is well..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.