Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how to lift up/raise the seat on a 1986 Aspencade! I think I found the hinge that releases the seat (left hand side about middle of the seat), but for the life of me I don't how to get it to work???

Does anyone know how to get the light bulb out of the license plate light socket???

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
the seat is not hinged the seat is held on by two bolts mine were allen heads. the little handle on the left side is to slide the seat back and forwards.the bolt in the middle of the handle is one of the bolts holding the seat on. hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank YOU!!!

A "BIG THANKS!!!" My thoughts proved wrong about what the latch was for. Not sure if I will use the seat movement or not??? I'll look for the two bolts. I'm trying to "hide" some trailer wires and I thought under the seat would be a good place.

Thanks again...it's awesome to know a person is out there that has the knowledge I needed!!!

Blessings my friend.

Bob

the seat is not hinged the seat is held on by two bolts mine were allen heads. the little handle on the left side is to slide the seat back and forwards.the bolt in the middle of the handle is one of the bolts holding the seat on. hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!! In a hundred years I wouldn't have figured this one out!!! THANKS!!!

Where is the best place to buy a new seat? Mine has one hole and the left side where the drivers hip goes has about a eight inch separation in the seam!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my "HELP NEEDED" message!!!

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts