Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1985 GL1200 LTD. Afew months ago I had a fuel problem that I finally realized was the fuel lines on the fuel pump side of the bike were collapsing. I broke my hand so I did not fix it right away and the bike sat. This weekend I changed the fuel lines and then charged the battery which was totally dead. Now when i turn the ignition on my fuel pump does not come on. I can hear and feel the fuel pump relay engaging but thats as far as I got.The pump was definitely coming on when I parked the bike so I am imagining that something electrical happened. Any ideas where to start. I know there is a fuel pump shut off sensor that I believe is on the same side as the lines that I changed but i have no idea what it looks like.Also, is there a fuse anywhere on the bike for the fuel pump? My email is [email protected] if you can be of any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fuel Pump Blues

Try a website called (goldwingdocs.com). You have to register to get the info. The site probably has the service manuals and Service Bulletins for your model. There is alot of stuff there. Its all FREE.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
try vic and the guys over at gl1200goldwings.com too. there is a section devoted to issues specific to fuelinjected 1200's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the sites that the others sent me too and found that Advanced auto parts carries an AIRTEX fuel pump model # E8000 for 105.99 that will work. I picked one up today. It is smaller in diameter than the old pump so I will need to wrap it in rubber to make it fit snug in the bracket bit the fittings and wiring is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts