Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't help with your question.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Year and model of your bike please!!!

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If your mirrors are shaking, I would be suspecting a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey Jazzbo – Each of your rearview mirrors are held in place by two long bolts located beneath their rubber boots. Use a Phillips head screwdriver (or 12mm socket) to carefully tighten each bolt.

There are a couple of pre-cautionary steps that can make this job simpler –
  1. Roll the end of each rubber boot (closest to the fairing) back over onto itself to expose the bolt heads. Try not to dismount the outer side of the boot closest to the mirror. It can be a real “Pain-in-the A$$” when trying to reposition the boots correctly if loose at both ends.
  2. Before tightening the 4 mirror mounting bolts, place a gasket maker sealant on their threads. Do this one at a time only – so you don’t lose the mounting alignment holes of the other bolts.
  3. “DO NOT” crank down on the mounting bolts too tight because the threaded ends go down into a soft and easily damaged base plate. Some owners will over torque the mirror bolts (rather than using sealant to hold them securely) and strip out the threads. Naturally if the threads are missing the mirrors will never stay adjusted – which requires replacement of the underlying mounting plate.
Good Luck and Ride Safe - Michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello JASBO,, JK McDONALD is correct if you had any doubts like he said be careful to not overtighten these bolts be snug but they cause problems easily in that fiberglass fairing ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts