Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this for my neighbor who is not computer literate! This bike is in unbelievable condition. I don't mean for it's age, I mean this bike looks like it is only a few years old. This machine is located near Montreal (Quebec - Canada) and has only 24000 kms on her which is the equivalent of 15000 miles. The bike has no mechanical problems and new Michelin touring tires with less than 50 miles on them. My neighbor no longer drives the bike as he has a camper that he uses every weekend in the summer. It is stored in his garage under a cover at all times and I honestly have only seen the bike out of the garage a couple of times and I've lived across the street from him for 11 years.

Do a search on e-bay or even right here in this for sale forum to see what she looks like as I have no pictures for now. I know that it has some pretty cool features considering the bike is now over 25 years old. Here is some information directly from Wikipedia;

In 1985, the GL1200LTD was introduced. This was a limited model GL1200 Aspencade, with more technology. Standard on the LTD was electronic fuel injection, auto leveling rear suspension, driver-passenger intercom system, cruise control, a Panasonic stereo with Dolby noise reduction, rear seat stereo speakers, an improved seat, a more elaborate paint scheme and an exclusive color (two tone gold), additional marker lights and cornering lights, a more sophisticated instrument panel, and a sophisticated trip computer. It also had an increased alternator capacity, allowing even more electronics to be added to the bike.

Looking to get somewhere in the $7000.00 range for a rare super low mileage example.

For any further information or high resolution pictures, please PM me here or e-mail me directly at jon_goodman_montreal AT yahoo.ca . Please do not waste my time if you are not serious or do not have funding, girlfriends or wifes permission etc... My time is as valuable as yours.

Please remember that you will have to verify with your DMV or elsewhere concerning plating an imported vehicle as it is in Canada. This research is your responsibility. Also, this is a CASH sale to be done in person - no shipping etc. Scammers can refrain from trying as I have heard all of the various nonsense that is out there.

Thanks!

Jon

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hello from Vermont!! No pics? $7000 is very high for that year even if it is in excellent condition. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello from Vermont!! No pics? $7000 is very high for that year even if it is in excellent condition. Good luck on the sale.
Well, I did verify some recent sales on E-bay and there was a few that sold for 6-7.5k with 4-20k miles. Again, this is in better than excellent condition. It looks like it came off of the showroom floor. This bike is like a museum piece. Seeing is believing!

Jon

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
I wouldn't trust a bike with only 577 miles a year and has been ridden twice in 11 years. Too many things can be affected from just sitting. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I wouldn't trust a bike with only 577 miles a year and has been ridden twice in 11 years. Too many things can be affected from just sitting. Just my opinion.
+1

Like the poster said, it would make a good museum piece. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts