·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
good luck with the sale dan

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks William. She's a good old classic. Like a feller recently said about it; old high tech.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Already have 2 interested parties. May have it sold by the weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A gent from Seattle is down in Waco and had to sell his 04 1800 and his car and truck to put his parents in a nursing home. His Silverwing Maxiscooter is back home in Seattle. Seems he had an 85 Aspencade before also and wants to look at mine this weekend so he can get something to ride. Maybe my LTD will find a new home on Sunday and make room for the 95 GL 1500 that I just bought and need to drive 850 miles to go pick up in New Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
your gonna miss it when its gone dan

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear you William as this was my first Wing, my first love.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OMG, I just realized if I sell the LTD this weekend I ll be without a Wing until I can go get the other one. And my Maxi Scooter has a cracked header pipe as I just ordered the part from Ron Ayers. Holy crap, I'll have nothing to ride for a few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
Now that is an Oh S**t moment! :eek:

:D

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a doosey getting on the trailer when I picked it up because though the bike would idle any throttle killed the engine. Had to use full choke to get most rpm and hope to get enough speed to drive it up on the inclined tilt bed trailer. It took a few tries the first time with the seller of the bike also standing at the front of the trailer to add his weight so it would drop. One thing I realized is that there's no way you could load this bike on a tilt bed if the engine was dead unless you had about 4 people to push it up. Perhaps it would be simplier to use some ramps in the untilted mode. Anyway 1500 is at the shop getting carbs rebuilt and accelerator pump replaced. And then I'll re-post a non-trailered 1500. The only pics I have right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
Congrats on the sale of your 1200. I know what you mean about getting a non-running 1500 (or 1200) loaded. We had to load my 1500 up into the back of my truck on a narrow ramp. Not fun at all!

Quick question, where did you list your 1200 for sale?

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
someone told me to use a ramp and not to tilt the trailer but when the time came to pick up my 1200 the trailer wasn't avalable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts