Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased the above mentioned and will have a few questions along the way. Question #1. I have been reading this forum and looking through the internet. I cannot seem to find anything out about the cruise control system on this bike. To start someone has been messing with the wiring as a mouse had made a home in the fairing, undisclosed to me, and as I was poking around I noticed the cruise main unit. I can not find a control switch anywhere. There is a bundle of wires, with the plug cut off, sticking up near where, I think you call it, an accessory plug should be. Suggestions? I am planning on restoring this machine as she runs really well but she is not looking so well and the electrical in the fairing has to be replaced. I will post picks of this adventure when I start the tear down this winter if anyone is interested. Question #2. Has anyone replaced the stock radio/cassette deck with something newer? something with CD and aux jack for my lady's I-pod. I look forward to participating in this forum as much as I do on my other bike's (1982 Yamaha XJ1100J Maxim-resurrected) forum. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
The 1985 Aspencade didn't come with a factory cruise control. It would be an after market unit and I haven't had any luck finding manufacturers ID on the ones I have encountered. My suggestion would be to remove it totally and replace it with a new one or a throttle lock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought the 85 limited and 86 se-I both had factory cruise.

Edit:a quick search confirmed that. Also said 87 aspencades did also. Didn't remember that and dad had one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts