Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Have a nagging problem with my antique that I could use some guidance on. My intercom doesn't seem to work, or I don't know how to use it if it does work. I've had the bike close to two years now and am slowly getting a couple things functional that weren't operative when I bought it. The radio seems to play through the external speakers, (that has always worked) but when I push the button for headset everything goes silent. I have tested my headset (speakers in helmet) on another bike to verify that the headset is functional. I can't get anything to work through the headset, and therefore, my intercom is non-functioning. Maybe I have mislabled the thread; is it a non-functioning headset output? I am guessing that the intercom will work when the headsets become functional, but that might be hoping for too much. Anyway, where should I look for the problem; or where am I most likely to find this problem to rectify it? This bike (as near as I can tell) never had a c.b. radio, so that is not a part of the equation. It is a 1985 1200 Limited Edition. All help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Have you tried the headset on the passenger connection?

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
I would first try cleaning the Speaker/Headset switch. Many of the switches on the GoldWings were prone to failure from lack of use and crud.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Have you tried other cords. Wires have been know to fail at the soldier point in the connectors.
Just another idea.
Like cantankerous said try flushing the switch with contact cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.