Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Cable Gas Pliers

Greetings. I’m looking for an ignition switch for my 1984 Honda Goldwing 1200 ‘Standard’. As you probably know, the ‘Standard’ was the naked version of the Goldwing 1200 and last made in 1984. My switch has two connectors. Black with four. Red with three. Others I’ve researched have all seven on one plug. VIN plate says 1984…but I wonder. Anyone have some insights. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,118 Posts
Welcome Aboard.
:)
I did search some restoration parts websites and I could not find one with two connectors.
It is listed as part# 35100-MG9-674. Sad thing is I find one and it is out of stock, seems the part is for a California model: https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-gl1200-...alifornia_model1077/sw-assy-comb_35100mg9674/
The only thing I can think of doing is getting one with the 7 pin connector and retrofitting the two single connectors to it.
You need a special tool to remove the pins. You can also give a salvage yard a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Aboard.
:)
I did search some restoration parts websites and I could not find one with two connectors.
It is listed as part# 35100-MG9-674. Sad thing is I find one and it is out of stock, seems the part is for a California model: https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-gl1200-...alifornia_model1077/sw-assy-comb_35100mg9674/
The only thing I can think of doing is getting one with the 7 pin connector and retrofitting the two single connectors to it.
You need a special tool to remove the pins. You can also give a salvage yard a try.
Trike Lady, thanks so much for the reply. Really appreciate it. CMS link is helpful. I've checked multiple bike salvage yards on-line looking for a '84 Standard switch...no luck. I've scrubbed the web...and still no luck. I also had the thought of modifying a seven pin...and just soldering the wires together. Modifying may be my last resort. It kills me to have my Wing sitting in my garage and not running. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. 🦃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts