thats really nice, was it repainted

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good looking bike Deeduba

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Very nice looking bike, I can see now why you wanted it. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock paint what ever Honda used in 84 was very good. I took 000 steal wool first...then dipped steel wool in mothers polishing compond... for chrome and alum.then Mothers detailer...with a little road tar remover and armoral...tooth brush and paint brush...was very satisfying to see bike clean up. With out exception, I tell every ont I bought a 84 Interstate 1200, and they say...WHY. With out exception, every one that sees this bike personally says.....WOW. Pretty rewarding. Got new fork seals today so I can clean it up even more now!! Thanks for the replies

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
stock paint what ever Honda used in 84 was very good. I took 000 steal wool first...then dipped steel wool in mothers polishing compond... for chrome and alum.then Mothers detailer...with a little road tar remover and armoral...tooth brush and paint brush...was very satisfying to see bike clean up. With out exception, I tell every ont I bought a 84 Interstate 1200, and they say...WHY. With out exception, every one that sees this bike personally says.....WOW. Pretty rewarding. Got new fork seals today so I can clean it up even more now!! Thanks for the replies
can i drop my wings off :D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well the primary colour is defo Candy Winberry Red, just like mine was, but I've never sen the silver two-tone combo before. I know there's been different colour schemes between our models and the US ones for ages but that's unique to me; pretty sure the trunk would have had the same treatment ifit was factory, but who cares, its sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts