Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just joined the forum. my1984 Goldwing Aspencade has only 3700 miles on it and has had new tires and all or most of the rubber parts and hoses replaced. It has been in a barn in Colorado for 25 years and is barely broken in. It is in remarkably incredible condition,rides great and looks beautiful. Except for the front air suspension. It wont hold air for any significant time. The compressor works great. The back seal holds fine and I just spent $400 trying to get the front one fixed. The mechanic tells me this a bad design and I need to remove the air system and go with a conventional shock absorber system. That is an expensive fix and now my peach GW is not original any more! Please help! Any advice from others who have come up against this problem?
Thanks for your assistance.

CS

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF first off and there should be some folk with ideas chiming in shortly. I'm thinking that it may be difficult finding the OEM parts to rebuild the airfork as some of the older parts are discontinued. If you have to go with an alternative, Progressive Suspension is a good place to start.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello clasmith, welcome to GWOF. are you leaking fork oil? seal kits are avalable if thats not the problem switch to progressive springs, they will work without air in the forks. i have them in my 1200 wing

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Double check the hoses and fittings on the air lines.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello clasmith, welcome to GWOF. are you leaking fork oil? seal kits are avalable if thats not the problem switch to progressive springs, they will work without air in the forks. i have them in my 1200 wing
There is no oil leaking from the forks. The back shock just wont hold air for longer than a few seconds. Thanks for the reply and welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the GWOF first off and there should be some folk with ideas chiming in shortly. I'm thinking that it may be difficult finding the OEM parts to rebuild the airfork as some of the older parts are discontinued. If you have to go with an alternative, Progressive Suspension is a good place to start.
Good tip. Thanks

Wanted to keep bike all original but i guess that just will not happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts