Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
The main fuse close to my battery is missing. The previous owner straight wired it.I looked at someone else bike and noticed mine is missing.Does this present problems.
Thanks,
Donald

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Yes Donald I concur & let me introduce to you my friend "the Cautious Zilla" He has given you good info & Welcome.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sorry to say, but Zilla is right. Think of your house without fuses or breakers. Not a good thing. PO probably had a problem with fuse blowing. May be due to wiring problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For about 3 bucks you can get a cartridge fuse holder and wire it in - very cheap insurance. The main fuse is there for a reason. Hard wiring it is like putting a penny in your house's fuse box (OK, I'm showing my age, but you get the idea)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A auto parts store will have them

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Fuse Holder

Your best bet would be Radio Shack, or any local electronics or automotive store.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
get a waterproof one from the auto parts store, make sure it's rated for 30a and get some fuses while you are there. welcome to the forum cantankerous

·
Registered
35 Posts
everyone is exactly right. I am an Electrition and I can tell you there was a problem or the fuse would still be there. Put in the fuse and then correct the problem that is blowing it. By the way I also remember the the penny deal. Have it fixed it can be dangerous. Burn up your bike or garage or worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts