Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new starter,new solenoid, new battery -- starts and runs perfectly, but after 10 mins. or so the running lights and dash lights go out -- can't figure out the problem ??? suggestions please

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello hiburke, welcome to GWOF. when the lights go out is the bike still running? have you checked those old fuses or the charging system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello hiburke, welcome to GWOF. when the lights go out is the bike still running? have you checked those old fuses or the charging system
Thanks William for the reply --- yes the bike is still running with new fuses installed -- is it a short that I can't find or is it a dioide hidden somewhere? Thanks again -- John

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Do you loose the headlight also?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you riding the bike when they go out. If so check the wiring around the handle bars. Maybe something is pinching them. Or the wires are bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you riding the bike when they go out. If so check the wiring around the handle bars. Maybe something is pinching them. Or the wires are bad.
Yes -- all goes out when I am riding - will check all wiring around handle bars this weekend and let you know --- Thanks again, John

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Check the starter button, the headlight relay and associated wiring. When the starter is engaged the lights all go out to save power. If the switch isn't retuning properly or the relay is going bad, it could be causing your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice, the time and consideration --- as you know, the problem was/is intermitent -- I ended up taking apart and cleaning the fusebox -- everything came back on and has of this date stayed on!! Thanks again for all your help,Regards John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts