Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a volt meter on my 1200 two years ago to keep an eye on stator. Last year, meter went from two green lights to just yellow, and stator was dead. I replaced stator with one from Electrosport and volt meter went back to two green lights and battery was charging over 14 volts....for about 50 miles. Then volt meter went to one green light to no green lights. Battery went dead so thought new stator may have failed. I cut soldered wires and check the stator and it checks out fine...all three wires. So that tell me reg/rec has failed. My book says if it's not the stator, it's the reg/rec. SOOO, I bought a new reg/rec, installed today, and STILL no charging!! The battery will charge with a charger and stay charged, but as soon as you start the bike it starts to drain. I can't imagine the battery being bad when it accepts a charger from 110 charger. My book says if it's not the stator, it's the reg/rec. I am at wits end. I may have to take to shop but thought I would try forum first. Any ideas and thanks in advance dw

·
Super Moderator
7,614 Posts
May I suggest checking the battery charge lead to the battery and see if is sending a charge back. There could be a break in the wire or bad connection.

·
Super Moderator
7,614 Posts
I was going to make a suggestion to test from the reg/rec connector side of the wiring harness red wire to the red at the battery with an OHM meter. Do the same on the ground side to the ground at the battery or even frame ground. Bad ground or wire is what comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Just because your battery will hold a charge doesn't mean the battery is good, you really need to have it load tested. These is a huge difference between a surface charge and a load, it does sound like your battery. Have the battery load tested, do the simple stuff first before tearing into your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.