Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 Goldwing 1100 Interstate and my headlight recently went out. i have tryed several new bulbs and it still dosent work. i think maby its a fuse or faulty wiring due to the age of the wires? any information would be appreciated thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Somebody on here probably has a wiring layout for your bike or know where to find one and I'm sure they will chime in here with some help. Sounds like you are on the right track.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I'm not sure about the 1200 but the 1500 has a couple of relays plus fuses.
From the northwest corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
I believe there is a relay that shuts the headlight down during start-up. I don't have the wiring diagram for an 1100, but I'm sure somebody does and will be kind enough to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Check to see if you have power coming into the dimmer switch (hi/lo beam switch).
Blue/white and white wire for low beam
Blue/white and blue wire for high beam
Check at bulb socket Blue to ground for high beam
Check at bulb socket White to ground for low beam
You may have also lost ground (green) at headlight

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone the wiring is extremly messed up from the previous owner trying to DIY, im considering rewiring the the whole front electrical. any ideas if this is feasable for someone with only base eletrical knowlage

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I cannot see why not, just follow the electrical schematic and look for the plug in harnesses and you should be okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.