Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for used gw's and it seems almost everything is 83 or 84. Why is that?? Was there something wrong with that model year? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
will, There are issues with every bike & manufacture none are perfect. Having said that 83 was the last year for 1100 & 84 was 1st year for 1200. One thing that pops up all the time is Weak Stators. My brother just sold his 1100 & it had 70k+ on it, there are plenty out there with high mileage that are still going. Usually the reason people sell them is to move up in size, ie 1500 or 1800.

Start with a little research to understand better. This is a good website.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

By the way, Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF "will dog",there is nothing wrong with either an '83 1100 or an '84 1200. the 1200 has a bit more power and room from what i've been told. just remember the age of the bike, it will run almost forever but does need maintainance. some guys are just upgrading to either 1500 or 1800 wings and some had to give up riding for whatever their reason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. Good info.
What is a ballpark price that something of that vintage will go for? I just saw an 84 with 79K miles, asking $1,600.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
That seems to be in range. Check on the maintenance that has been done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts