Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 1983 goldwing 1100 with 100125 miles bike has a slight knock if you crack the throttle quick or take off at low rpm[witch i try not to do] bike dose not knock in idle or while riding is this normal ??
bye the way this is my first bike and first time on this sight:D

· Super Moderator
15,508 Posts
hello jesse, welcome to GWOF and welcome to the knockers club :) the knock is normal when accelerating hard when the rpms are low

· Super Moderator
15,508 Posts
you can try a carb sync but most of the guys i know with an 1100 wing say it doesn't go away thats jus how the motor is

· Super Moderator
15,508 Posts
it will help some

· Premium Member
11,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. I have never owned a 1100 but the 1200 like's to rev more than it does like to lug. Eric

· Super Moderator
15,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. I have never owned a 1100 but the 1200 like's to rev more than it does like to lug. Eric
1000 and 1100 wings like to rev also

Reactions: IndignantOne

· Premium Member
338 Posts
Hey Jesse. I also have a Gl1100i just keep the rvs up as the others have said and all will be fine. these are great bkies mine is at 129K and still going strong. enjoy

· Premium Member
7,873 Posts
Hi Jesse! Welcome to the GWOF!

Good comments above. There are two things in which I strongly believe regarding carburated motorcycles: (1) Clean, clean, clean carbs=using SeaFoam regularly and buying non-oxygenated fuel whenever possible; (2) Carb synchronization.

And, with adjustable valve engines like ours: Those valves must be adjusted on the nut for the engine to perform optimally, and before the carbs are synch'd. I haven't turned my GL1100 over yet except to move lubricant around the bearings and rings. But, after rebuilding the carbs, replacing the timing belts (important to know when/if this has been done. If not, you'll want to do it for peace of mind. Broken timing belts are engine killers.), adjusting the valves, etc. I have no doubt that he'll start. Probably run poorly until the SeaFoam finishes its job of cleaning, but he'll start.

Good luck with your nu2u Classic Wing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.