Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 goldwing 1100 aspencade that has been cut up by the previous owner and so i decided to just turn it into a bobber since ill never be able to restore it original. Its missing ALOT. My question is, if i remove the fake "tank" and take out the real tank under the seat, what real gas tanks can i swap onto the frame and it still look good? Ive seen alot of pics where it was successfully done but i can never find out what tanks they used. Any help would be much appreciated. Also i know. Bobbed goldwings are like ruining a classic but im just trying to pick up where the previous owner left off so please keep dumb comments to yourself. Im only looking for tank options.

1,206 Posts
I have a 1982 goldwing 1100 aspencade that has been cut up by the previous owner and so i decided to just turn it into a bobber since ill never be able to restore it original. Its missing ALOT. My question is, if i remove the fake "tank" and take out the real tank under the seat, what real gas tanks can i swap onto the frame and it still look good? Ive seen alot of pics where it was successfully done but i can never find out what tanks they used. Any help would be much appreciated. Also i know. Bobbed goldwings are like ruining a classic but im just trying to pick up where the previous owner left off so please keep dumb comments to yourself. Im only looking for tank options.
Something like a CB900?? I’m not sure, but I’d look at big regular hondas for inspiration.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something like a CB900?? I’m not sure, but I’d look at big regular hondas for inspiration.
Thanks for the comment! Ill definitely add that to the list. So far ive found that a 79 cb650, bmw k100, and cbx750 tanks will work. Just looking for more options and pics of tanks that have already been swapped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts