Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1982 gl 1100 that i want to put a clutch in, they do not seem to make a clutch kit and i am not sure of what to replace? any advice? the bike would start to slip if you cracked open the throtle to quickly.

Don't waste your time replying, I won't stick around.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
You can get a clutch kit from any shop that carriers Tucker Rocky. The kit number for the fiber discs is EBC part number CK1159 and Tucker Rocky part number 26-7180. The spring kit is EBC part number CSK10 and Tucker Rocky part number 26-7918. There's a start for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Every time you say "a kit" there are mobs just waiting for your cash. What you need are just the plates, you did not compress the springs so don't worry about the rest.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi gb dog, stay away from ebc an barnett in your wing. honda fiber disc's are the only ones that last. also check the steel driven plates for any discoloring [bluing] replace if discolored. also the small lever on the side of the clutch cover can become very hard to move an can stick an cause your problem. take apart a clean an grease while doing this job. good luck frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.