Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming that a wing of this vintage has been properly maintained , is about 60k to 75k alot of miles on one of these machines ?
How many miles can be reasonably expected out of this era ?
With proper maintenance of course .
Thank you .

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
200,000, even older wings hold up well and can rack up some milage

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Any vintage Goldwing is capable of insanely high mileag numbers. I know of several riders that put well over 200k on GL1000s and the GL1100s. The 1200's could rack up even more if the stators were properly protected. Most 1500 and 1800 models are still going so sky's the limit on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

for all that . yeah i think im going ahead with the buying of a wing . theres a few 1982s thru 85s with 22k to 75k i been looking at . thats all that my budget will allow me to buy . but they are good lookin and dependable from what i hear .
should be ridin again in about 3 weeks .

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
let us know when you get you wing and post some pic's of it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh of course .

cant wait to show off the new "OLD WING" .
gonna head up a serious search in about 2-3 weeks . thats when my funding is due .
a guy about 6 blocks up the street has a 85 with 42k on it for around $2500 but he is not firm .
about 6blocks down the street a guy has a 84 yamaha venture with 42k that is just beautiful for around $1500 .
rather have a wing but that price is tempting .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd stick with the Goldwing. You will be much happier with it. I've ridden just about every type of bike and nothing beats the Goldwing. Mine is my daily driver weather permitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts