Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks...I'm new to this forum. I am considering the punches of a 1982 full dress Gold Wing with 88 thousand miles on a replaced spedoo!!!..Bottom line...Iv'e been into bikes since the early seventy's. Never had a Gold wing...Open class dirt bikes (desert racing) to GSXRs (road racing). I point this out because I would like you folks to know I didn't get off the boat just yesterday...My question is what should I be looking out for, or what high mileage maintenance should I be aware of. Thank you...Mike

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
El numero uno/#1/Stator/hardwire wire connections/apply dialectic grease
El numero dos/#2/Replace timing belts

Welcome future Winger

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Change out and flush all fluids.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello mike, welcome to GWOF, before playing with the three yellow wires or doing anything else make sure that the wing is charging before buying it. it may need pads after the purchase but make sure the brakes work, test ride it if you can. make sure it shiftss through all gears up and down, make sure the clutch isn't slipping

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mr. grumpy...Lol...I'll do that...I understand that you have to be careful about getting all the air out of radiator hoses????

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome as well, and yes, make sure there are no air-locks in the cooling system. Check the fuel lines and other rubber hoses too, they deteriorate with time. Check the battery tray for signs of sulphate corrosion especially if it's been sitting for any length of time. If it's an Aspy, check the suspension (airshocks) and compressor lines for leaks, as well as the fork seals.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Check tires for sidewall cracking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.