Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just today I purchased a 1981 Honda GL1100! Coming from my 06 Honda Interceptor it feels alien in so many ways, but still feels like a Honda! It's a barn find all right, very low miles (something around 10,000 on the motor) and has already been through one owner working on a restoration. Right now it runs and rides, but needs everything else from cosmetics to comfort. I will be on a lot in the next few weeks as I utilize what short winter break from college I have to get this thing beautiful again!

If anyone can point me in the right direction as I get started working on this beast tomorrow, the first things that need to be addressed on the bike are the fact that the wind fairing up front has to be tossed (completely eaten through and just flaps in the wind in many places) and the handlebars don't exactly point forward when moving in a forward direction. If anyone knows where to start looking beyond the search bar, that would be great! Otherwise, see you out on the road!

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
Hi Mystery and welcome to the GWOF!

While the GWOF is certainly THE BEST Wing forum, another that may be of help is Classic Goldwing Forum, as may people there have your bike. I joined it for extra help on my '83 1100.

Good luck and share photos of your Wing as you bring it back to mint.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello mystery16, welcome to GWOF. classic goldwings started as an 1100 wing site

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
Welcome along. Post us some pics once you get going on the project

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.