Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1981 Goldwing GL1100 that has an issue with the left blinker.
When you turn it on I hear one click, the front left running light goes off but no blinker and the indicator light does not come on either. The right side works fine, and I have replaced all the bulbs. The fact that the left side indicator light does not come on makes me think it might be in the control circuit.
Has anybody ever had this issue and can lead me in the right direction??? I have checked wiring, lights, and still come up with no cure. It does have the 2 wire blinker relay with the 3rd wire (ground) just hanging there.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced all bulbs and checked them with a meter to verify they are good. Also the right side turn signals work fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That just might be it, I found one on ebay and ordered it, hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ronzilla,

You rock!!! I put the switch in the left blinker on position and wiggled the daylights out of it, lo and behold my left blinker started working. So your right about the switch being bad. My new one should be here by next week.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

--Bill

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Thanks Bill ... I Keep A Spray Can Of Electrical Contact Cleaner FOR Any Electrical Issues I Have ... I Spray The Heck Out Of All Plugs And Switches ... Has Saved Me A Few $$$ ... Happy Trails ... P.S. DON'T USE BRAKE OR CARB CLEANER ON ELECTRICAL STUFF ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts