Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board and new to Goldwings so please be gentle with responses :) I just purchased a 1980 GL1100 and was wondering what the differences there are between what I have and the Interstate model. Is it simply the fairing, and luggage? Are there aftermarket kits (say from the mid 80s models) that I could get to add a fairing etc to mine to make it a worthy tourer from the cruiser I enjoy now?? The reason I say mid 80s or newer is I am not a big fan of the 1980-82 fairings. I know it may be costly but the goldwing I purchased only have 11k original miles and is in amazing original shape. Thanks for any advice ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello ace, welcome to GWOF. you could look for a vetter fairing and bags

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Massachusetts..Look on Ebay or craigs list , another way is to buy a full dressed wing with a bad eng or whatever of not wanted. You can pick them up for cheap. some 3 to 5 hundred, and put the parts from that bike to yours.Then sell the parts on line,or as a parts bike.In the long run you can save a lot of money. ,And If not paying for you bike also. alot of the parts sell for good money. As long yours is a up and running bike look for an aspancade thay have all the bells and whistles just another option.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the GWOF from Massachusetts..Look on Ebay or craigs list , another way is to buy a full dressed wing with a bad eng or whatever of not wanted. You can pick them up for cheap. some 3 to 5 hundred, and put the parts from that bike to yours.Then sell the parts on line,or as a parts bike.In the long run you can save a lot of money. ,And If not paying for you bike also. alot of the parts sell for good money. As long yours is a up and running bike look for an aspancade thay have all the bells and whistles just another option.

Thanks for the great tips. I will start looking for an Aspencade as they have the look that I like when it comes to fairings, and bags.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello ace, welcome to GWOF. you could look for a vetter fairing and bags
Thank you for responding. I have looked into Vetter fairings once you mentioned it, I didnt find one I liked but it did lead me to a nice set of Ness mirrors. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
the fairing on an 1100 interstate and aspencade are the same except for paint, aspencades have a two tone paint job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.