Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1980 GL1100 Interstate with approx 35k miles on it. The bike runs great and looks like new.

I've used it for the past few years for local communting and a few day trips here in Michigan where I live.

My question is: Is this bike still suitable for traveling cross country on? I want to ride from Michigan to California this spring.

I'm concerned that if I break down I won't be able to get the bike repaired due to limited availability of parts for a bike that's 30 years old. I know if I was to ride a Harley across country I'd have no problem getting it fixed pretty much anywhere if I had problems.

I really love my bike, but am wondering if it's time to let it go and get something newer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A lot of the dealers won't work on anything over 10 years old. So you would need to go to a independant to get anything fixed. But there is the Honda Gold Book with memebers names. You might get lucky and they would know of a place near them if you called them with a problem

Spike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an 81 Interstste and I rode it to sturgis in 06 no problems. I have 85,000 mile on it. I would trust it to go anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
you have to be a member of gwrra to get the goldbook

1 - 4 of 4 Posts