Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new goldwing owner and have no idea how to use a forum so please be patient. I bought this bike for $500 dollars and have been working on it for about 2 months. I have had the carbs off 9 times. every time i put them back on, the bike started(of course the carbs leaked), This time I tried to start it and nothing, no clicking sound or nothing, The headlight goes out when I hit the starter button, and I do know to hold the clutch in. It is also in neutral. This last time before I tried to start it I installed rear signals(did not rewire because there were no need) and I installed a front break light switch. I was an automobile mechanic and have owned bikes before so I know a little. Any advise? And thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
check the starter selenoid located to the left of the battery. its round with 2 post protruding out the top. follow the red battery lead wire to it. while holding the start button depressed an the m/c in neutral try tapping the selenoid to see if is sticking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the starter selenoid located to the left of the battery. its round with 2 post protruding out the top. follow the red battery lead wire to it. while holding the start button depressed an the m/c in neutral try tapping the selenoid to see if is sticking.
I guess I did something stupid, I jumped across the selenoid to check the starter and it turned over fine and then I lost all power to the lights and everything, I hope it is only a fuse, of course I will have to figure that out and start all over again. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If yours is anything like the 1982 that I have I found that after you remove the battery cover just to the upper right of the battery. there is a small black rectangular cover about the width of a pack of gun and about half of the length there is a flat fusable link held in by two flat head screws if that thing blows you will loose all power.I used the screws and installed a inline line use holder that uses the flat style fuses and added a 20 amp fuse works like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
tacforce2000, Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. You are using the forum just fine, exactly how it was intended. Folks on here like to help and give advice. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts