Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1978 Goldwing summer of 2008. Have had it for one year.
Early this summer this Goldwing starting blowing a fuse. It is the fuse right in the area of the battery. It would blow about once a month to start and only around town. On the road, no problem.

Recently it started blowing about once every two weeks. Just this last weekend, I had to purchase a new battery. Now in the last two days the fuse has blown at least twice a day to and from work.

Is there anyone who has had this experience and has a fix for this?
I would greatly appreciate it as I really do not have a lot of knowledge for repairing it myself.

Thanks for any help from anyone who can.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Roo ... Get A Multi Meter And Start Checking Continnuity On Wires After The Fuse Blows ... That Will Isolate It To The Bad Wire/connection ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depending on the fuse Do tou have a guit on the fuse box? If you dom't then pull the fuse and see what stops working.
If I were a betting man (Oh yea, I am) I would bet you have an intermitant ground in a wirs. I would pull the seat and look for a wire that is occasionaly getting pinched. Take your time and use a magnifying glass and a good lite.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
do you have a fairing on your wing? if so check the wireing there as some have real hack jobs for wireing

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Those that replied here are right on. The most common cause of blown fuses is a short in the wiring. Go over everything and you will find it. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I know it is probably a short, but I was hoping someone else had the same problem before and that would save me the trouble of looking everywhere.

I will find it some how, Thanks All

1 - 6 of 6 Posts