Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first thread on this forum because I just purchased but have not picked up a 1978 Goldwing GL 1000. I don't have a service or owners manual yet and I am going to pick up the bike on Sat. Nov. 14. I want to make sure that all lubricant levels are good and make sure that I add fluids in the correct places. I also need general specs like spark plug gap. Is there a place on this site or on the internet where I can get this information? Would anyone want to take the time to fax this info to 920-233-4053? I started the bike for a few minutes earlier in the week but have not done a check out ride. Is there anything specific that I need to check prior to a test ride other than fluid levels, brakes and tire pressures? The bike has 89K on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Old Gold,

1st Welcome to the site, lot's of good people & discussions here.

2nd go to this site you should be able to download manuals.

http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm

It sounds as though the machine just needs a little TLC. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill, thanks so much for the link to the Honda Manuals site. Found the info I needed right away. I just picked up the bike on Sat. and washed it today. The exterior is in better shape than I thought. The bike was covered in alot of dirt and had not been started in 5 yrs. I will need to find both side panels that are over the battery and the gas tank, do a complete tune up with plugs, points,valve adj.; and do about every other maintenance procedure for fuids, cables, etc. I also need to figure out what is normal handling for a bike of this vintage and make as many improvements in this area as possible. Do you know if I can switch to radial tires, and if so, will it help the condition of the bike following any cracks in the road that run parallel with the bike? Thanks for you help again.
Howard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts