Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, thanks to the folks that responded to my first thread. I had an answer to my question within hours of my post. What a great forum.

I rode my Goldwing for the first time on Sat. and realized that alot has changed in bike handling in 30 yrs. The bike has over 85K on it so I don't know that there are not parts that should be rebuilt or replaced. The steering is vauge when turning and the bike does not want to lean but wants to be steered through the corner. Any pavement irregularities that run parallel with the direction of travel upset the bike because the tires seem to want to follow the crack. There are probably numerous questions that I do not know to ask so if you have info to share on a 1978 Goldwing that you think I should know, please share. My handling questions are:
  • Can I use radial tires and will they improve handling?
  • Will a fork brace improve handling and are they available for my model?
  • Is there something I can do to the front forks or rear shocks that will help?
Some other questions off this topic.
  • Where do I find stock mufflers or stock sounding mufflers? I am looking for quiet.
  • I would like to install a straighter handlebar but would need to have them set back to stock position. Any ideas?
  • I own a Suzuki V-Strom and the recommended brake pad is EBC sintered pads. Would these improve braking on the Goldwing?
  • Has anyone painted the spokes on the 78 wheels gold and if so, what paint and procedure did you use?
That's all for now. Thanks in advance for any answers provided.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts