Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1977 Goldwing GL1000 that has been parked since 1994.

It has a little over 43,000 miles. No title in hand as of yet, but may be obtainable. It would take a LOT to restore, although it's not out of the question.

It has a Windjammer 3 white fairing along with a 3 piece Samsonite luggage rack. Right side side cover is perfect but the left side has a little spot in the upper right hand corner that needs fixed.

I'll sell as whole parts bike, or I can piece it out.

Don't know how to post pics here, but can send some in an email if interested.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i just turned down a '79 wing with no title. in some states getting a title is a major headach

·
Registered
8 Posts
Parts

I am looking for a voltage regulator and regulator rectifier. They are seperate items. Would you be interested in selling these and if so, how much?

Thanks Bob

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

So far, the bike is still complete. I'd really like to keep it that way until somebody either buys the whole thing, I decide to fix it up or, I can sell enough parts off of it to get my money back. I don't want to sell a few items, and then end up having to find them myself because nobody bought it and I end up fixing it up to ride/sell.

If you're not in a hurry and want to wait, I'll give you first shot at those pieces! As far as prices, I haven't a clue what they are worth. I'd sell them for $250.00 each, and just throw in everything they are attached to :D

Thanks
Larry

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the problem with selling the bike as is is that you don't have a title in hand so its nothing more that a parts bike. there is a listing on craigslist in my area for a '79 wing, the company the guy works for had to clean out a building in ohio found the wing and brung in to michigan. he has no title and michigan isnot going to do what ever search they do for someone in ohio so i would not be able to get a title. the only thing the bike needs is an exhaust and some tlc but without the title he has a mostly complete parts bike

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the title. It's just one of those deals of getting together with the guy that has/had it to get a new one. The guy I bought it off of knows the original owner so it's not like it's been through many different people and got lost in the shuffle.

The more I look through all the pictures of the 'Naked Wings' the more I want to fix it up! Maybe I'll sell my 81 CX instead. :)

Larry

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i really hope this works out for you larry and you end up with the title in your posession

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
So, where are the pics.. We need the before pics so we can compare them to the after pics. Good luck..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.