Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just picked this jem up. but am not to familier with the fuel tank. i flushed the tank out and sucked out anything that was in there, and then put fresh gas in there. then i removed the hose from the petcock and was expecting gas to start spilling out. NOPE! So then i removed the petcock and thought for sure that gas would be pouring out of the two holes in the tank. again nothing. i have about two gallons of gas in there and a can of sea foam. is there some kind of resevoir in there or something that the fuel is not getting to. or is there something that you know of that could cause this problem. i even took a wire and stuck it in about three inches in each hole and when i pulled it out it was still dry. it had never even touched fuel. please help, im getting very agrivated, thanks all! OH AND I MEANT GL1000!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the tank are two internal sump pickups. Could be blocked with rust Kreme or who knows what. Also I may be all wet but these tanks are not gravity feed but rather utilize a mechanical fuel pump that may be why no flow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts