Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are rusted right through and unusuable.
I need to know what years are a direct bolt on for my 1976 GL1000. I am not concerned about the mufflers or crossover assembly. Just the right and left manifolds.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
'75 to ' 79 for sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will a set from a 1980-1982 GL1100 fit on a 1976 GL1000? I only need the left and right manifolds to fit. The remainder of the exhaust is custom. I am not using a crossover pipe. There is a guy locally parting out a 1982 GL1100 and I would like to score the manifolds if they are in nice shape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will a set from a 1980-1982 GL1100 fit on a 1976 GL1000? I only need the left and right manifolds to fit. The remainder of the exhaust is custom. I am not using a crossover pipe. There is a guy locally parting out a 1982 GL1100 and I would like to score the manifolds if they are in nice shape.
Does anybody here know the answer to this question?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see you aren't getting a lot of help on this one.

1975 to 1979 Gl1000 headers and mufflers fit.

The 1100 headers fit, and the mufflers can be made to fit, though you may end up blocking off the crossover pipe.

The 1200 may fit. I haven't had any experience with them.

I am running my '78 headers with 36 inch straight pipes and no crossorvers.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see you aren't getting a lot of help on this one.

1975 to 1979 Gl1000 headers and mufflers fit.

The 1100 headers fit, and the mufflers can be made to fit, though you may end up blocking off the crossover pipe.

The 1200 may fit. I haven't had any experience with them.

I am running my '78 headers with 36 inch straight pipes and no crossorvers.:eek:
Mind if I bust in here?
How does your 78 run with the exhaust as such?
What jetting did you go to?
Did you change the filter to K&N?

I have a '76 that I'm considering similar mods to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where's 78 AZ?

Anyone else have any similar experience with this kind of exhaust mod?
I want to change mine in a bad way, but I hate jumping at something blindly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, in the middle of moving.

Mine runs like the proverbial Raped Ape of yore. :eek:

I am also running a Weber progressive 28/30 carb on it.
38 to 40 mpg, and has no trouble getting up to freeway speeds with two people on it. That's 75 mph around here.:D

I got real tired of fiddle-ing with those four little carbs on the stock manifold.:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll have to look at the jetting. I have no idea what it is set at.
The water-cooled manifold and carb came of a '76 I found in a motorcycle junk-yard in South Phoenix. I was pleasantly surprised to find it had a running engine in it. The suspension on the other hand was a real mess.

But now I have a spare engine, which is a nice thing. I may build a hard tail outa the '76.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, in the middle of moving.

Mine runs like the proverbial Raped Ape of yore. :eek:

I am also running a Weber progressive 28/30 carb on it.
38 to 40 mpg, and has no trouble getting up to freeway speeds with two people on it. That's 75 mph around here.:D

I got real tired of fiddle-ing with those four little carbs on the stock manifold.:cool:
Got any pics of that set up?
I saw a picture of a Holley carb on a 'Wing in an old issue of IronHorse, years ago.
I'd love to run something like that.
I'd also like to see pics of your exhaust.
Thanx!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts