Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a guy who wants to sell a 75 gw gl1000 with 9000miles and has been setting for 15 years but he said was running perfect when he parked it . i just bougth a 77 im thinking it would be good for parts. whats to do you guys think it would be worth.?
thanks bigworm

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i know a guy who wants to sell a 75 gw gl1000 with 9000miles and has been setting for 15 years but he said was running perfect when he parked it . i just bougth a 77 im thinking it would be good for parts. whats to do you guys think it would be worth.?
thanks bigworm
Parked for 15 years = was running for 20 years
9,000 miles/20years = 450miles/year.:rolleyes::confused:
Anyway, would have to see the overall appearance and check a few mechanical items to establish a value.
KBB goes back that far and says $1410:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
If it's been sitting since 1995 all fluids and lubricants need to be drained filled. Tires and battery need to be replaced. Seals could be fried or cracked. Depending on where it was stored, rust could be a factor, seat may be dried/cracked and there is always the possibility of animals chewing on electrical parts... The engine and stator will be anothe area of concern.

Then again it could have been sitting in his family room with a cover over it...LOL Take a look, it might be a diamond in the "rough" or useful for parts. Good luck. Let us know what you find...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If I found a '75 and it was at all salvageable I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I've p****d away a thousand bucks or more on far dumber things in my lifetime. To own a piece of history (we're talking the original GW here) like that is almost priceless to me.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
+1 what Budoka said.

If it looks like you could fix it and have the $$$, why not. I great project to keep in the stable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts