Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help I am looking at buying a 2002 honda goldwing.
It has fog lights,cb radio,luggage rack & passenger arm rest.
It only has 5,000 miles on the person is asking $15,000.
Is this a good price been checking and I think a fair price would be around $12,000. Does not have ABS or nav.
Any help greatly appreciated cant wait to get my WINGS....

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Not really enough info to make a judgement from my standpoint. Where are you located? Do you have any pictures?

If you came here to get the justification not to buy it then I would say Don't buy it and keep looking. There are plenty of Good used Wings out there & there are certainly good prices. This is not one of them based on the info you gave.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
i just saw an 1800 for $8000 on cl. sorry guys i won't be picking it up

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
From a guy who has an '02 Goldwing. I gave $8500 - 2 years ago. The only thing i don't have in comparison is the CB. If I sold it now, I would never expect to get more than $11,000 for my bike. With or without a CB. I think a fair offer for the bike your showing is around $11,500.00. JMO

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
KBB says #10,675. I would not offer more than $11K. The bike may need to have some work done on it (tires, fluids, battery, etc) to make it road ready..

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
KBB says #10,675. I would not offer more than $11K. The bike may need to have some work done on it (tires, fluids, battery, etc) to make it road ready..
Good point Charlie.....Here's the thing. I know that 5000 Miles seems to be a point of attraction, however, it might be a point of concern. Thats less than 500 miles per year.....That means a lot of sitting up unridden.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Good point Charlie.....Here's the thing. I know that 5000 Miles seems to be a point of attraction, however, it might be a point of concern. Thats less than 500 miles per year.....That means a lot of sitting up unridden.
The worse thing you can do to ANY motor is let it sit. I think you can do better. I am cheap so I would not even offer him anything because I know it would insult him.

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
11 years old. Tires are good for 9 years. It was probably ridden most of the miles the first year or two and has sat since. I wouldn't offer any more than $10K. It will need tires and a complete service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.