Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow goldwing riders…

I have a 2008 Goldwing, and it seems to me that they are a little underpowered. I do a lot of riding with my wife and it seems to me that acceleration is rather weak, and it has a particular hard time holding speed with the cruise control on while climbing hills.

I weigh about 130 lbs, and my wife is just shy of about 380 lbs.

I believe that Goldwings are rated around 100 BHP. What do you guys think? I'd like to see horse power ratings increased to 150 – 200 BHP.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Without photos this thread is worthless...

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Huh! Got to admit, I've never heard that before. Perhaps your Wing just needs a good tuning, including carb synchronization.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Huh! Got to admit, I've never heard that before. Perhaps your Wing just needs a good tuning, including carb synchronization.
He has an 08, it's fuel injected. If his wife is 380 lbs that might have something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I think 380 is a typo because I don't think a person of that size would fit in the passenger area. No offense intended to the author here. As for power, probably depends on what you're comparing it to. If you're a sport bike rider that's used to 150bhp then the Wing may feel like a Land Yacht. I came from a 40bhp Maxi Scooter and the Wing is plenty powerful to me. I think it's what your point of reference is.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Yeah, Joe, I'm stuck in the past! Because of what I own.
:eek::D

·
Registered
739 Posts
As stated the 1800 is fuel injected. As to the lack of power I just think is lady slaps him in the head if he twist the throttle as she is 2.5 times bigger than him. I really do not see a 130lb rider holding up a Wing! Show us some pics please!

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Anyone want to buy some swamp land in Florida?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
As stated the 1800 is fuel injected. As to the lack of power I just think is lady slaps him in the head if he twist the throttle as she is 2.5 times bigger than him. I really do not see a 130lb rider holding up a Wing! Show us some pics please!
i can see a 130lb rider holding up a wing i just don't see a 130lb rider holding up a wing while a 380lb passenger gets on

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Someone's havin' fun with his first post.
Shoulda kept her under 300 to keep it believeable.
yea like sayin' she weighed 299lbs, now that i can bleave :D

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, you guys have busted me. I'm new to the forum and wanted to have a little fun and see if you all have a sense of humor. :D :D

But seriously, I do have a 2008 Goldwing. My wife and I just got back from a trip up to the Black Hills. We had a marvelous time, the weather was perfect.

Once again, hope I did not make anyone angry by having a little fun.

Peace.…

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Okay, you guys have busted me. I'm new to the forum and wanted to have a little fun and see if you all have a sense of humor. :D :D

But seriously, I do have a 2008 Goldwing. My wife and I just got back from a trip up to the Black Hills. We had a marvelous time, the weather was perfect.

Once again, hope I did not make anyone angry by having a little fun.

Peace.…
I see we have a comedian amongst us! Welcome aboard & post some pic's, we would love to see the pillion overhang on the back of that Wing of yours! That gives "does this make my butt look big" a whole new meaning!

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
I've been to a bunch of Gold Wing Rallys, and thought I might have seen you at one of them.:eek::D:D:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.