Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that long trim strip you have to remove to access the guts of the top storage compartments ? After numerous removals and re-installs I'm down to a few tabs that secure it. Anyone have to replace these trim strips yet, and if so, what were your cost incurred in purchasing them ?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
According to "bike bandit" website looks like each piece is close to $75. Color does not seem to factor into price. OUCH..... Stop taking them on and off....LOL

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to "bike bandit" website looks like each piece is close to $75. Color does not seem to factor into price. OUCH..... Stop taking them on and off....LOL
Stop making the tabs out of breakable plastic. I'm going to fasten them down with screws.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
The phrase "Bull in a China Shoppe" comes to mind.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Be careful chop, $75 is out to lunch depending... Canadian msrp for that trim molding is $39 for white or red, left side. Right side is $93? Not sure what that's all about:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Be careful chop, $75 is out to lunch depending... Canadian msrp for that trim molding is $39 for white or red, left side. Right side is $93? Not sure what that's all about:confused:
Probably means the right side breaks more so they can make more $$ off us wingers.... LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts

Looks like it might be a typo (transposed digits) in your book/computer. :eek:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Actually I crossed into the parts availability to double check and it matched the pricing on the exploded parts fiche. The black and silver ones were even higher (left and right both the same $131 ea!) so I don't know what Honda's thinking is there. $39 seems more like it to me but what do I know right?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Actually I crossed into the parts availability to double check and it matched the pricing on the exploded parts fiche. The black and silver ones were even higher (left and right both the same $131 ea!) so I don't know what Honda's thinking is there. $39 seems more like it to me but what do I know right?
Maybe, they are now manufactured in Japan and the expensive American labor unions are no longer involved:D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I'll ask: Why have you taken them off so many times they now need replaced due to tab breakage?
I have taken them off probably more times than most riders because I have a front bra that I like to keep clean. Breaking the little tabs is a result of my careless force in aligning the bra anchor tab securely and forcing the alignment of the tabs below it. Hard to tell they even broke off until you check the next time at removal.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Have you thought about getting them from a salvage yard?
They may have them.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have taken them off probably more times than most riders because I have a front bra that I like to keep clean. Breaking the little tabs is a result of my careless force in aligning the bra anchor tab securely and forcing the alignment of the tabs below it. Hard to tell they even broke off until you check the next time at removal.
Thanks for the explanation

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Got to admire a man who is anal about a clean bra.

I salute you sir. but I won't shake your hand.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I'm there too...left strip is always popping loose and when I anchored the right side, the screw hole broke and I had to rig it in.
I still love my Bra. Makes me say "Brallelujah":D

·
Registered
33 Posts
fairing trim

on the gl1800riders.com web site there is a thread that tell you how to make tabs from the metal strip of a ws wiper blade. I would say it is in the howto section.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
on the gl1800riders.com web site there is a thread that tell you how to make tabs from the metal strip of a ws wiper blade. I would say it is in the howto section.
I checked out that thread. Clever solutions. Now comes the tough part: Employ the self fix options or purchase a set of these for about $65............

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts