Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you experienced goldwing riders...who likes their stock windshield? I am almost 6'2" and at the highest setting I find myself either looking over or slouching under to see. When I lower it down so it doesn't obscure my vision, my wife feels a lot more wind. I've been looking at the +4" but wondering if that is too high. Those of you that have the 4" how do you like them? Do you recommend a specific manufacturer? Do you hit your helmet on it when you get on the bike? I appreciate all your suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
This has been discussed many times & the opinions vary.

Myself I've never had a problem looking through a windshield, Slipstreamer that was the Tulsa sweptback style +4. Wife loved it, I loved it, never hit my head.

Some guys prefer to not look through a W.S. so they opt for lower/stock/even cut them down.

The big names in W.S. right now are:

Windbender -which may interst you because they adjust alot. Some of our guys have them including one of our Admins. - Budoka.

Vstream which is actually shaped a bit odd to direct aireflow.

F4 which gets a lot of raves

& of course Tulsa is still a major player as well.

Let the opinions begin for this is just one Ole Fossil's.

Good Luck

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am 6'3" and I also have the W.S at the high posistion yet I can still see over the W.S
I think from a safety stand point you should always be able to see over the W.S.
If you want to cut back on undesirable wind try some deflectors.
( or get a shorter wife )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fossil - good breakdown! The Vstream (based on the advertising) looks like a good option (have windshield set lower so I can see over it) and minimizing the head buffeting of my wife (who BTW is only 5'1"!). I am afraid the +4" won't adjust low enough when I need to have clear vision (like on very curved roads!). These are expensive so want to make the best choice. I'd like to hear more from those owners. Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am 6'3" and I also have the W.S at the high posistion yet I can still see over the W.S
I think from a safety stand point you should always be able to see over the W.S.
If you want to cut back on undesirable wind try some deflectors.
( or get a shorter wife )
True, especially if you run into heavy rain condition, sleet freezing on the screen and also having the entire screen plastered with bugs.

Solution...the Touratech add-on flap mounts in seconds and provides an extra 2-4 inches above the current windshield in terms of clean air. It can quickly be removed if you need to see more over the top of the windshield.

I use it with a F4 +2 and works very well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
GDARP, I too have been researching aftermarket windshields. I was thinking of getting the F4 +4 but according to their video it isn't adjustable like their other models. I don't mind looking through a windshield, but as others have said, what happens when you run into heavy rain or worse a little sleet. Still undecided, but think I may go with the V Stream. As for adding deflectors, I added the mirror deflectors, Baker Uppers, but can't add the middle deflectors. If I add the middle adjustable deflectors, then my legs (thighs) would rub them if I were using my highway pegs which I need for long legs. Good luck and take care...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hillbilly - thanks for the input. I've decided to keep playing with the stock windshield and lower it enough so I can clearly see over it (and not tell the wife to see if she notices). I'm in agreement with you so far on the research, the V-Stream seams to be the best (see over the windshield and helps with minimizing passenger head buffeting). I too am staying away from the adjustable deflectors for your reasons. Did your passenger gain benefits (less wind buffeting) from the installation of the Baker Uppers?
On curvey roads I don't like looking through the windshield so either I make the stock one work or wait until the boss says I must buy one (that way I can justify the purchase!)
Any V-stream owners out there that can help us?

·
Registered
29 Posts
gdarp,
Living up here in ND, I have only had one day warm enough to get my off duty supervisor on the bike for a quick ride. I have only had my Goldwing since December. It was after she road with me, I put the upper deflectors on. I rode one up after the installaiton and noticed less wind on me.
As for the V Stream, I beleive there are other post on the forum relating riders experiences. I too have played with the stock windshield and I believe I can go only one more click higher, but there are times I can still feel the wind on the top of my helmet. I also believe I watched a video on You Tube about the V Stream and it's effects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts