Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to post a new thread, but with a new title, hopefully this will go out to the board.

Reverse is not working and the R on the panel is blinking - this is not covered in the manual - any ideas what could be causing the problem. Everything else is working fine and all the fuses are fine.

We have a mic for the full face helmet and we want to use it on an open face helmet - any ideas on adding a mic boom to use the current min on the open face helmet.

Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have you changed to a new thread. If you look on the forum you wish to post on you will see a tab that is marked New Thread. Hit that & it will guide you. If you have any issues PM me.

Not sure about your reverse question as the 1500's have a lever not a switch. One of the 1800 guys should be able to help though.

As far as the mic question, I would say check out J&M you may find what your looking for.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Replace the reverse fuse, turn the key on and then off, wait 20 seconds and turn the key on light should be solid.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There's a whack of troubleshooting items to go through in the service manual. PM me if you need the list.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Here is info from the GL1800 service manual. It does not say anything about a blinking light:

REVERSE OPERATION
Sit astride the motorcycle with both feet on the ground.
Shift the transmission into neutral, retract the side
stand and start the engine.
Push the reverse switch and check that the neutral
indicator goes off and the reverse indicator comes on.
Check that the motorcycle moves in reverse while
pushing the starter/reverse switch.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts