Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
At the dealership that I go to In West Palm Beach Florida I have to deal with this snot nose punk whom refuses to let me set an appointment. He tells me that that I can bring it in and drop it off. however it may sit there for days before they touch it. Once they get it in and determine if it needs replacement parts it will have to sit there until the repairs are complete.
this tells me that this shop is very unprofessional and for this reason they can have my bike after it catches fire. That will show em.:mad:;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
1. There is no need to look up a VIN-ALL 1800's are recalled.
2. It has been beaten to death on another forum as to a dealer trying to keep your bike, if it fails the test. Why anyone would want to continue to ride a failed bike, I have no idea. However, it is your bike and no dealer anywhere can refuse to return the bike to you. They can not legally keep it. I for one would trailer mine back home as there is no way I'm leaving my bike set unprotected in some holding area(some are outside) for who knows how long waiting on parts.
Lets say that you had an '08 bike that had 43,027 miles on it. Never had any problem with the brakes whatsover. Lets say that the bike failed the test and it was a 30 mile trip back home. In order to aviod the last sentence in your post, I have a 93% chance that I can ride it home with nothing happening. This % is going to be even greater considering the fact that my senses of smell, sound, etc. are going to be hightened and my speed is going to be lowered. I will take those odds to avoid the holding area that you mention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received official Honda recall letter yesterday. NHTSA Recall 11V-567. I had rear brake lock up at 52 miles on new 2006 Wing. Dealer blamed me for improper installation of of Kuryakin FloorBoards and billed me 919.00 to repair. I have filed for reimbursment for repairs though they stiffed me originally. Will see what happens, next step the Feds!.

·
Administrator
25,872 Posts
Welcome to GWOF BeeGee. Sorry your first post is a grief stricken one. Did you speak with your dealer about the recall and the bill? I'd take a very close look at that work order and see what work was done. If it is the same as the repairs on the recall, I'd ask your dealer to seek full compensation from US Honda. If your dealer balks, contact Honda Customer Service at the 800 number in your owner's manual. The number is posted in the forums here someplace, I'll see if I can locate it just in case.

·
Administrator
25,872 Posts
Found it: Honda USA Motorcycle Division Customer Service 866 784 1870

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
At the dealership that I go to In West Palm Beach Florida I have to deal with this snot nose punk whom refuses to let me set an appointment. He tells me that that I can bring it in and drop it off. however it may sit there for days before they touch it. Once they get it in and determine if it needs replacement parts it will have to sit there until the repairs are complete.
this tells me that this shop is very unprofessional and for this reason they can have my bike after it catches fire. That will show em.:mad:;)
Unlike us folks up north, you should have a lot of dealers you can go to in FL. Here in Pa the closest one is 1 hour away.. If I were you, I'd find another dealer to service your Wing...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I received official Honda recall letter yesterday. NHTSA Recall 11V-567. I had rear brake lock up at 52 miles on new 2006 Wing. Dealer blamed me for improper installation of of Kuryakin FloorBoards and billed me 919.00 to repair. I have filed for reimbursment for repairs though they stiffed me originally. Will see what happens, next step the Feds!.
You also need to find a NEW DEALER !

·
Registered
73 Posts
I haven't received my recall notice for my new 2010 I purchased at the end of last year. A friend and I took our Goldwings, his is a trike, to Neosho Powersports in Neosho, MO. When we called they said come in at our convenience, when we got there the mechanic got right on them and we were back on the road in less than 45 minutes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't received my recall notice for my new 2010 I purchased at the end of last year. A friend and I took our Goldwings, his is a trike, to Neosho Powersports in Neosho, MO. When we called they said come in at our convenience, when we got there the mechanic got right on them and we were back on the road in less than 45 minutes.
Thanks for the info, guess I will take mine this coming Tuesday they said they could get to it I hope 70 miles one way for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I recieved my notice about 2 weeks ago on my 010. We got a foot of snow yesterday so the bike is going nowere now. I put 17,000 miles on it last year and had no brake problems so I'm thinking its alright but will get it to the dealer asap so I do not loose any riding time this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my notice Saturday, talked to my Honda rep bring he said bring it in when ever. 3" of new snow i have to wait a little while:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
The recall is on the secondary master cylinder which might not release the rear brake making it drag more and more over time. There have been a couple of fires reported from over heated rear brake components!!!!
I would think one should be able to feel that kind of drag long before a fire would start???
The notifications to owners would be going out as I type this message. I believe Jan 4th was the date given.
However, as already posted, dealers have been doing the inspections for some time now.
All 1800's are in the recall. That's approx. 126,000 units.
Got mine in the mail a week ago.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took my bike in for the 12K check, forgot to ask them about it, they checked the bike on their own, all is ok.

·
Registered
18 Posts
recall

got my recall notice from honda last night took my '12 wing with 2832 miles to local dealer this am. dealer has been testing and fixing about 20% for 6 months. they have the equipment to orient the cylinder and run reset time test on piston. tech explained that new cylinder has larger valves which allow the piston to release instant = releases rear brake instant without delay drag. he has 2 new units in stock - I told him to install a newby and I would pay out of pocket. don't want to be thinking about this down the road

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honda just called its done - my original master cylender tested ok so no waranty. new master cylinder was $38 + 1.3 hours labor $109, total $147 I will have a reciept showing it was replaced - will sleep good

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rear brake recall

Has everyone with a GL1800 had their bike in for the rear brake recall?
I received the notice in the mail a few weeks ago, finally took it in yesterday because they said if the front master cylinder was found defective they would have to keep the bike until it is repaired, about a week.
My 2001 passed the inspection but the service guy told me that he had a 2012 that did not, so make sure you get this done no matter what the year.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts