Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I had this problem with my 1500. It was the lever not engaging the micro. Would this be the same problem or is it something different on the 1800?
With KS up and lever pulled in it will not fire. Have to change to neutral for it to fire.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Hey Guy,

My first guess would be either the clutch or kickstand sensors. Do one then the other to see if allows you to start. Then you know which to clean, spray with contact cleaner.
Both would be good to clean but then you know which is giving you the problem.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
The same thing happend to me when I changed the levers on my VTX ,they would not engage the switch on the clutch.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Could possibly be the same problem. If the switch does not engage it works as a safty so you can't start the bike in gear. Check what number (1-5) you have set on top of the lever and maybe make an adjustment.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I can only speak for the 1500 but I know on them sometimes aftermarket levers did not contact the switch on the clutch. I used a piece of electrical tape on the left to make the contact. Somebody else on here then tried a piece of chrome tape that also work well. Note if you use electrical tape cut it don't tear it, you want a nice clean edge.
Best of Luck
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are not aftermarket levers, still the oem. I have tried various numbers on the dial setting and none of them change it. I will take the lever off soon and begin the process of cleaning micros to see if it changes. Is there a micro on the k/s also?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
These are not aftermarket levers, still the oem. I have tried various numbers on the dial setting and none of them change it. I will take the lever off soon and begin the process of cleaning micros to see if it changes. Is there a micro on the k/s also?
Micro on the KS ? YES.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I have the same issue with my '07. I was told it is probably the clutch switch. I just had to replace my front brake lever switch. These switches don't handle the weather too well. I was also told to pull the clutch in a couple of times when I'm trying to start it in first and it usually starts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts