Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I put mine on the dyno and it registered 170 rwhp and 150 torque. Then I woke up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I emailed Vance and Hines about what kind of power boost their new Monster exhaust adds. They dynoed a stock 2008, 99hp and 105tq. Their exhaust added 2hp and 2 lbs of torque on the top end but lost that much or more on the bottom.

Cost of new mufflers around $800

·
Registered
61 Posts
I emailed Vance and Hines about what kind of power boost their new Monster exhaust adds. They dynoed a stock 2008, 99hp and 105tq. Their exhaust added 2hp and 2 lbs of torque on the top end but lost that much or more on the bottom.

Cost of new mufflers around $800
Wow, now THAT's a bargain :D Only a fool and his money.......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that is where the difference is, Some people are talking engine hp (118) and others rear wheel hp(104).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seems like I remember hearing about 120/110 (engine/rear wheel).

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
HP figures are very confusing as there is no stipulation as to how it is measured or rated. Until the ratings are regulated with guidelines Honda dwon't even publish hp for any of their bikes. Even dyno results can be misleading as different dyno's can be calibrated differently so there can be variances in them too. Also, altitude, temp, barometric pressure also have an effect on readouts. While the ECMs compensate for these variables, it also compensates in the form of (often) reduced hp output. I've seen hp figures (magazines, road tests, forums) on Wings from as low as 105 up to 123 at the crank. Who really knows? I'd take mine in and have it dyno'd, but I really don't care...it's got more than enough oomph for me.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts