·
Registered
1,542 Posts
there is lots and lots of stufff about our ct s on this string

·
Premium Member
08 Honda goldwing, 09 Kawasaki zx14, two Ducati Monsters S4RS’s
30 Posts
Thanks I’m finding more stuff to read. Funny, I asked the guy I bought the rim from how he ended up with the extra rim, he told me he was going to go dark side but never did

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I read and thought and pondered for almost a year before I said to myself..... let's try it

from my experience...... I wish I would not have changed both front and rear at the same time..... just changing a set of tires makes a big difference......So, in my opinion..... don't change the front tire at the same time you go to a CT,
It does take a little getting used to, not much different than going to new tires.....
But now...... I will only ride with a CT on the rear........ starting to look at what I want to try next, for mine is no longer available...... I have a couple of choices that I am looking at

you do get way more grip in acceleration and braking and better behavior on wet roads

Reactions: Rudy2

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are any number of good tires to choose from, for my money the Pirelli P1 run flat is at the top of the list. It has an asymmetrical tread which looks odd, but handles very well, and the run flat feature is a must have. If you do long tour style rides, you'll see where they really shine. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
any thoughts on advantages on sizes 195/60/16 vs. 205/60/16?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Oops talking about the pirelli tires. I really like pirelli motorcycle tires that’s all I run on my sport bikes .

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Ok, I pretty much had my mind made up before, the only real question for me was the size 195 vs. 205
i just bought the pirelli 195/55/16 p1 run flat. Think I’ll get the spare rim powder coated and get it mounted.
Already talked to local bike tire guy here and he said no problem he has done several so I’m getting excited to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
any thoughts on advantages on sizes 195/60/16 vs. 205/60/16?
The only thing I can think of is the 205 helps with the speedo correction on older models...that’s it. And mind you I had it on my ‘08 and it was a bear to put on. Rubbed on occasion as well.

Reactions: Rudy2 and Chopin

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
205 wont fit, lots of rubbing.....60s start to get to tall.... same issue

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
on my 2nd gen.... I have to take the hanger bolt out of the left side exhaust it will move just enough to get the 195/55 in the hole
after that it fits fine.............. some don't have the exhaust issues,,,,, just have to put the tire/rim in the hole with the air out

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Tire showed up today “ Tire Rack“ is great, 2 day shipping. Wheel is being powder coated, should be done about Friday, want to put a few more miles on the Motorcycle tire to really get a feel for the bike since this is my first wing,
only have about 150 miles on it since I bought it because weather has been so bad. I’ll have it mounted up and ready for the swap soon.
60934545-440F-4ED5-953A-8A94B6599FC7.jpeg
5717C225-33D1-4C59-AD05-748BF160774F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
23,840 Posts
Don’t feel obligated to love, or hate, the car tire ride. The benefits have to outweigh the real, or imagined, differences of a motorcycle tire. It worked exceptionally well for my style of riding.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
No not at all, I’m excited to try it but I am first and foremost a sport bike guy, love doing track days etc.
im pretty skeptical about the cornering ability of these tires but then again with this bike I’m not looking to go carving corners and dragging my knée. I’m going to spend more time on the MC tires then try the CT. With the extra rim if I don’t like it I can just swap it back and sell the CT and not miss a beat. Hope it takes a little of the harshness away and one thing I really notice is a little instability when coming to complete stops, its in the last couple mph probably just need more seat time but the big flat CT I think will help.will see.

241 - 256 of 256 Posts