Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 SE and would like a set of arm rests for my wife. I know they are readily available. I really like the 1800 style but am not to sure of butchering up a $150 dollar set of arm rest to find I cannot make it work. My problem and question is I want to be different. Has anyone ever done this and if not do you think they could be modified to fit without a total waste of the 150.
Thanks for your response.
Bob

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wings--- look around a lot before you decide on what type of arm rest you want -- there are several types on the market--- I have found that the ones that tie in behind the antni mount just seem to crack the plastic of the trunk very easly--- the ones that anchor in to the seat handles seem to be stronger. I have only seen one pair that were the new style (1800's) done on a 1500 they were at Wing ding last year ---I did not have a chance to talk to the owner of the bike, but they looked very nice and I would have liked to know more about how he did it.-----MAY BE he is on this site???

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't know what you mean by 1800 style arm rests. unless you are talking about these

The other arm rests for 1500 and 1800 look the same to me.
I had a set on my 1500 for 7 years and 108,000 miles and never had a problem with them cracking the trunk.
The showchrome ones will interfear if you have the passenger push to talk buttom. The Kyryakyn ones are nice because they have a built in cup holder.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Joe. You know anyone who has the Hondaline pads that you have pictured below ? I like their clean style and no swivel arm. They almost look like elbow rests. Never ran across anyone with them yet. And of course they are way over priced for the amount of material that is in them.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have never seen them on a bike, just the picture of them, when I had armrests on my 92 when my wife rode with me I had the knid that attached to the antenna mounting points, she loved them, see them on this picture

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Bob, Here is a link to wingstuff armrests they have a lot of them as So-cal said. I have the same on my 95 that Joe had on his 92 & my wife loves them as well. It appears that some of the 1800's mount in similar fashion so if you have a knack for fabrication you may be able to get them to work. Keep in mind that the attachment point may be higher or lower on the bike which could possibly put the armrests in an uncomfortable position. My recommendation is if you really want the 1800 style go to a shop that has both & ask them if you can check to see if you can mount them. That way you can do a side by side comparison.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/229_goldwing_Armrests/des/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the responses. Joe the second pictured in your post with the swivel cup holder. That is what I would like to put on my 1500. I thought they were just for the 1800.
So-Cal I have never seen any mounted to the seat handles. Fossil92 Iwill check out that link. Thanks again all

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I don't know what you mean by 1800 style arm rests. unless you are talking about these

The other arm rests for 1500 and 1800 look the same to me.
I had a set on my 1500 for 7 years and 108,000 miles and never had a problem with them cracking the trunk.
The showchrome ones will interfear if you have the passenger push to talk buttom. The Kyryakyn ones are nice because they have a built in cup holder.
I just bought the Armrest with the drink holder It is on sale now at wing stuff 172.00 That is as cheap as I ever seen they are over 240.00

·
Registered
146 Posts
1500 arm rests

I put 1800 arm rests on my 95 1500. The bolts are about 3/8 in farther apart. I sawed from lower end to the hole to allow for the wider bolts. Had to put 2 half inch washers on upper handle befor installing to hold arm rest tighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts