Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday While out on a lunch ride with a friend, I turned 170,000 miles on my Red 93 Aspencade. The cool part is they are all mine. I know there are more Wings out there with more miles but for me it was pretty exciting.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron:)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
That's about 10k per year which is pretty good for your neck of the woods. Hope you enjoyed every one of them and you get another safe and enjoyable 170k out of your Wing. Did you get a pic of the odometer when it turned??

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Wheel Wing ;Did not get a picture of the 170,000 but I do have picture of the 100,000 and the 150,000 mile turn overs. This year I have just over 16,000, but that includes our trip to Pennsylvania in June, that alone was 7,700 miles.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
It's impresive, enjoy the miles as they clock up.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to get 200,000 on it. I figure it could take maybe 3 years. By then I'll be 72, not sure how much longer I'll ride after that. But if Big red is still running I just might keep going.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I would like to get 200,000 on it. I figure it could take maybe 3 years. By then I'll be 72, not sure how much longer I'll ride after that. But if Big red is still running I just might keep going.
Ron
Turn it into a trike and keep riding. I have a friend who is in his 90's with a GL-1500 trike and he and his wife travel everywhere on theirs.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Great big "atta boy" for you Ron. You're only about 2&1/2 days ride from me, maybe we should try and do a meet in the middle thing come spring/early summer to help you add to the clock!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything is possible. We haven't made plans for next year yet.
We pass through Alberta a few years ago when the Venture Society had their rally at High River
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Two Wheel Wing ;Did not get a picture of the 170,000 but I do have picture of the 100,000 and the 150,000 mile turn overs. This year I have just over 16,000, but that includes our trip to Pennsylvania in June, that alone was 7,700 miles.
Ron
You came to Pa in June ? Thanks for letting us know now.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Congrats on the milestone. It keeps us kids (in our 50s) going and makes us feel lousy to complain.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is some miles. I put 106,000 miles on my 01 Electra Glide before I sold it to make room for a Wing in the near future. And like you said it is all your miles. To me its a badge of honor. I hope you have many more safe and fun miles.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chopin: We rode the Blue Ridge on our way home, hooked up with our riding partner in Front Royal, What a ride.
Love2ride: I stay young during the riding season and age over winter.
Trourke:Folks can't believe the wing is 17 years old with that many miles on her and still looks that. Too bad I didn't age that well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts