Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1500SE Winshield Replacement

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lonewolftx 
#1 ·
My original windshield has lots of scratches. I used Quixx scratch remover to remove them. The scratches are gone but in place I now have swirl marks from rubbing with the soft cloth that came with the kit. I decided to order a closeout tall windshield with vent from Dennis Kirk ($134 shipped). Found a youtube link demonstrating the steps in windshield replacement. Very clear and easy to follow:

I hope there won't be any problem when I actually install it this Saturday.

#2 ·
Quixx works fine on painted surfaces (I took some scratches off my ST with it) but the screens are a tad different animal.

#4 ·
When the windshield on my Wing was to scratched to see through, I just replaced it as I was going to try stuff that is supposed to take scratches out of plexi and lexan and I figured why bother get a new one.
If you read his post he Did.

HPham,

Windshield change is easy, just take your time & all will be well.

#5 ·
I did read the post, he tried to remove the scratches and the process only made matters worse and then he had to invest in a replacement windshield.
I replaced mine, as trying to remove the scratches with a product would only make visibility worse.
Quick fixes are not always the solution, sometimes a little money has to be invested.

#10 ·
Windshield from DennisKirk came in today. Took minutes to remove the old and install the new one. I found that if I tightened the 5 screws holding the windshield, then it cannot be raised or lowered. To be able to raise/lower the windshield, these 5 screws should be tight just enough and still allow the brackets move/slide under the screws. Since I prefer looking through the windshield, I tightened these 5 screws.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.